OT: Delivering drafts for the client

Posted by J.Corbett 
OT: Delivering drafts for the client
February 04, 2010 12:16AM
I have been using a link to show my clients a draft cut of their video in their browser. this has always worked 90% of the time.

Suddenly, i have 3 clients that have MACs having problems viewing videos with QT10. One of the file is 640x360 15.6mb in x264 4800kbps encoded with dv kitchen. The other 2 files are 32mb and 27mb respectively encoded the same as the 15.6mb file.

My question here is:

Has anyone else had problems showing work using a link? and What is the most common internet practices for showing 75mb files and under?

I hope no one moves this or deletes it because there are at least 15 questions like this from last year in this forum. Though none address this in particular.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: OT: Delivering drafts for the client
February 04, 2010 09:13AM
Private Vimeo or YouSendIt file works best for me- secure and good playback.

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
February 04, 2010 10:38AM
This is a "Media Compression and Conversion" question dealing with making files for the web, or issues or questions with other compression programs and not a Final Cut Pro question...therefore goes in the "Media Compression and Conversion" forum.

Sorry.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

February 04, 2010 07:26PM
Hmm- maybe I'm being cynical but I'm guessing if you didn't write OT and begged for your thread to not be moved it would have stayed in FCP. Lord knows a lot of other way less appropriate stuff stays in there and who cares anyway because it's still there with the MOVED link... Rant off.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
February 04, 2010 08:44PM
You are being cynical...and it would have been moved anyway. This is the forum for this question, Noah ...and corbett knows it or he would not have asked not to have it moved. This question is directly related to the forum it was moved to. That is why we have forum "Titles".

I am one of those Mods that moves threads that I feel are in the wrong place - Sorry! winking smiley

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

February 08, 2010 10:08PM
What kinds of problems are your clients reporting?
February 14, 2010 05:27PM
I have been compressing to mp4 and then uploading to the client's FTP site. It's an extra step, but it works fine.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics