resolution issues and youtube

Posted by fah q 
resolution issues and youtube
February 09, 2010 11:19PM
I posted a slide show with music on youtube after editing it with fcp 6, and converting it into an mp4 with the following settings: file format mp4, video format h.264, data rate 256, image 320 x 240 qvga, preserve aspect ratio unchecked, frame rate 30, key frame auto.... i hope this is enough info, i also kno youtube quality is not the best but i believe that my slide show's quality could be better before it gets uploaded into youtube because the quality was good on fcp but i played the preview before uploading and the entire slideshow seemed to lose some quality.. any suggestions?? thank you for your time,
Re: resolution issues and youtube
February 09, 2010 11:44PM
Data rate 256? 256kbps? That's gonna look like crap. Stop using software-provided presets and raise that data rate.

www.derekmok.com
February 09, 2010 11:56PM
hahaha thanks derekmok i really appreciate your help..
February 10, 2010 12:06AM
Well of course it looks terrible at 320x240. Why are you using such an abysmally low resolution?

February 10, 2010 02:04AM
Youtube takes in 480 these days.

www.strypesinpost.com
February 10, 2010 07:32AM
YouTube takes in 720p and 1080p these days. Correction, YouTube PLAYS 720 and 1080, whether the average shlub can upload to 1080, I don't know. You can upload 720, I just did 7 for a client.

If you made your slide show at HD or at least 16x9, render out an H264 of it at native resolution and upload that. As long as the duration is short enough it won't be a big upload. Be prepared for YouTube to show you a first pass re-compression of your uploaded file that looks like hell. They're somehow able to play back an intermediate version of your file while it's still being processed. I have found you have to wait at least two hours after the upload has finished before you can see the final resolution, at least that was my experience with 720p files.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics