Matrox Compress HD either on Mac or PC Chapters Markers dont work ....

Posted by edbeta 
Matrox Compress HD either on Mac or PC Chapters Markers dont work ....
February 20, 2010 12:57AM
Well i have resist for a very long time but i must send a warning to potentials users of Matrox Max Technology aka H264 Compression Accelerator.

The Matrox Card work very well at Creating H264 files either for the Web or Blu-Ray but the card remove all Chapters Markers.

For Blu-Ray that a disaster since clients for long form event want a few breaking points on Blu-Ray.

Either on Mac using FCP 7 and Compressor 3.5 or PC with Adobe Suite the Chapters Markers get removed so you get bad job at doing a Blu-Ray.

In a FCP Online Users Group in Montreal Matrox said it take on average 6 weeks to fix thing,well it was in November 2009.

So dont get me wrong Matrox is faster than real time for creating H264 Files but for Blu-Ray this bug is serious and Matrox very slow to fix-it.

Feddbacks have been done both by Mac and PC users on Matrox forums so maybe if you add your voices they wiil fix this faster ....

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE
TOURNAGE / MONTAGE VIDÉO CORPORATIF
DISTRIBUTION DVD / BLU-RAY / WEB
[www.productiondgoyette.com]
Re: Matrox Compress HD either on Mac or PC Chapters Markers dont work ....
February 26, 2010 12:41PM
Matrox get new drivers for the compress hd card today after a wait of about 4 month and i must tell you the chapters markers bug still there.

The card still work very fast creating H264 files for the Web or Blu-Bray but dont count on creating Blu-Ray disc with chapters markers for the moment.

Just hope the Matrox RTMAC debacle will not get repeat but this time even PC users get the problem too and Matrox support is very slow.

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE
TOURNAGE / MONTAGE VIDÉO CORPORATIF
DISTRIBUTION DVD / BLU-RAY / WEB
[www.productiondgoyette.com]
Re: Matrox Compress HD either on Mac or PC Chapters Markers dont work ....
May 03, 2010 08:46AM
Do we know if they included multipass encoding with these new drivers?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics