Moving a .mov file from a file into fc changes its properties??

Posted by mithraic 
Moving a .mov file from a file into fc changes its properties??
January 13, 2011 10:56AM
On the disk info about the file tells me i have a 1920x1080 apple intermediate codec HD(1=1=1) clip of total bit rate of 28.961 and duration of 2:00

Upon bringing it into fc by simply dropping the file on a time line -- it is now a vid rate of 29.97 fps but the frame size is now 1440x1080 - apple intermediate codec .. etc

Why did the frame size change?

The project is 1920x1080 ??
Any insight would be useful
RIchard
Re: Moving a .mov file from a file into fc changes its properties??
January 13, 2011 11:01AM
It's probably this issue:
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Re: Moving a .mov file from a file into fc changes its properties??
January 16, 2011 12:37PM
Wanna know something strange? Recently I had a bunch of HDV clips that I converted to ProRes with a droplet. The interesting thing about it is that it was the same droplet, but the frame sizes turned out different. Some came out as full raster HD, some came out as 1440x1080. I did some further tests on that machine and it turned out to be just as wacko- Compressor will recognize some clips as full raster HD, and some at 1440x1080, but FCP will recognize all of them as 1440x1080. Aperture is off in QT, and that was a machine running FCP 6 on Tiger.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics