Compression Trouble (???) Example

Posted by Demi Barbito 
Compression Trouble (???) Example
January 15, 2011 12:35PM
I've been trying to export a clip directly from FCP to up load to youtube. It hasn't been going well. What I started to do was just export a full size Quicktime move and them "make another export from that". Quality has been OK BUT i don't always l;ike how my text and transitions come out...

Example Clip:

Any compression tips...???

Demi

www.VisionsAndDreams.net
Re: Compression Trouble (???) Example
January 16, 2011 12:11PM
Try going to the Frame Controls tab, switching on Frame Controls and then setting the Resize Filter to Better.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
January 16, 2011 12:50PM
Well, trying to get good quality video on YouTube is like trying to take a good picture with a Xerox printer. What is the bit rate that you uploaded to Youtube? Youtube will recompress everything you give it. I ran a short test on this a few months ago...

At 2Mb/s:

At 6.5Mb/s:

At 9Mb/s:

At 24Mb/s (relatively similar to the H.264 compression from the Canon cameras):

From this test, I came to the assumption that the main reason why Youtube uploads from the Canon cameras look better than most videos on Youtube, is because most of those folks edit H.264 natively and end up with a 24Mb/s H.264 file which Youtube then recompresses. This bitrate is significantly higher than Apple's setting for Youtube.

But yea, Youtube recompresses quite heavily, and the best you can do is to give it the best you can- as high a bitrate as possible.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 16, 2011 03:50PM
Thanks for the help everyone.

I guess what I'm asking is more like:

"Can I actually export from FCP and then directly upload to youtube...???

When I try this the files are to big and it aborts out after an hour.

Demi

www.VisionsAndDreams.net
January 16, 2011 09:27PM
I don't think YouTube supports prores and it recompresses. Give it h.264 as good as you got.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 17, 2011 09:25PM
Thanks...
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics