Compressor Cluster gives error message when trying to attach Caption (.scc) files

Posted by nveer 
Compressor Cluster gives error message when trying to attach Caption (.scc) files
February 25, 2011 11:53AM
Hello,

We have a 3 XServer Cluster controlled by a 4'th XServer (Our FCServer machine). My workflow is:

Source Video: 1920X1080 ProRes Video (28:30min)
Resized to 640X360 ProRes LT (also de interlaced and some black restore and sharpening applied here)
Encoded 640X360 to H.264 at 750Kb.Sec - .scc files defines in "Additional Information" tab in Compressor at this point.

This job is submitted to the cluster. My submitting machine as well as all cluster machines are all connected to the same fiber network. All files are on the same XSAN.

I am getting the following error message. I get it after it has tried to encode the video:

Status: Failed - 5x HOST [fcsqm2.local] error: Failed to add CC to movie: -50

note: fcsqm2 is one of the encoding machines in the cluster.

I can't seem to find any answers via google. Anyone got any suggestions where I can look? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Nathan
Re: Compressor Cluster gives error message when trying to attach Caption (.scc) files
February 25, 2011 12:27PM
I'm not experienced with closed captions so I can't offer any help there, but error code -50 is "error in user parameter list." There are all sorts of variations on the .scc format and I have heard that Compressor can be fussy about which variants it likes, so it's good to double-check this.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics