Apple Monitor, video and Final Cut.

Posted by limakid 
Apple Monitor, video and Final Cut.
March 05, 2011 02:50AM
Hi,

I have an Apple display Cinema 24 inch, the "most" expensive. Even so, when editing videos in FCP, how should I set up this monitor of 1920 x 1200 resolution, in order to get an aproximate accurate look of the videos. I see the footage more brightly in the viewer of my camera than in the Apple Monitor!

I scare to apply color correction, maybe the monitor is not reflecting what I'll really see later on the "regular TV sets".

So, is this monitor display really prepared to work as a "trustable" Canvas? In the preferences option of the FCP,where says about output to display (something like that) and if I want to use a "second" Apple Monitor, maybe will not be fine. Honesty, I can not trust at all what I see here.

What kind of display should I use as a trustable Canvas (full screen canvas) or how should I set up my current Apple Display (monitor)?

Thanks for your opinions.
Re: Apple Monitor, video and Final Cut.
March 05, 2011 07:50AM
No matter what you do, your computer monitor will not be an accurate visual reference of the actual look of the video signal. Computer monitors are not designed, nor are most technically capable of properly displaying a video signal.

In order to properly visualize a video signal for things such as color correction, you will need a properly configured and calibrated external broadcast monitor, or a "higher-end" TV, connected to your editing system via a video I/O card/device.

Even if your delivery format is web video, it helps to have a consistent and high-quality visual reference. Having a proper video reference ensures consistent quality output and repeatability. The key here is to use a high-quality "reference".

-Dave
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics