Exporting in mpeg2 program stream

Posted by iphotographlife 
Exporting in mpeg2 program stream
May 31, 2011 03:44PM
hey compressor gods!

I have a video with graphics made in AE and the dimensions are : 1920*1080 h.264 integer (little Endian) Channel count 2, total bit rate : 33,285.

It needs to be exported to a file into these settings the tv station has asked for! i don't see much options with compressor: here are what they are asking for:
format: mpeg 2 video
format profile : MP@ML
format settings: BVOP: Yes
Format settings: GOP M=3,N= 15
Bit rate mode : constant
Bit rate : 8000 kbps
Width : 720
Height : 480
Display Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Frame rate 29.970 fps
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Standard :NTSC
Scan Type: Interlaced
Scan order: top field first

Audio
Format: Mpeg audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer II
Bit rate mode: constant
Bit rate: 224 kbps
Channels : 2
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Sample size : 16bits

Do you know what i need to do with compressor or if i need a new program? Any help appreciated!
Re: Exporting in mpeg2 program stream
May 31, 2011 06:38PM
Here's how to do it:

1. In the Settings window, click the + button on the right-hand side.
2. Select MPEG-2.
3. In the Inspector window, set Stream Usage to Generic.
4. Under the Video Format tab, set the dropdown boxes to NTSC, 29.97, 4:3 and Top First respectively. If any of these are grayed out, you'll need to click the little cog icon on the right-hand side.
5. Click the Quality tab and set Mode to One Pass CBR. Set Average Bit Rate to 8.0.
6. Click the Extras tab and tick the box marked Multiplexed MPEG-1/Layer 2 audio, then select the radio button marked Program Stream.
7. Click the Frame Controls tab near the top of the Inspector pane. Click the Action button and then set Frame Controls to On. Set Resize Filter to Better (change it to Best if you are not happy with the results of Better but this will take MUCH longer). Set Output Fields to Top First.
8. Select the Geometry tab and double-check it says 720x480.
9. Click Save at the bottom.

So that's the video complete. However, for some reason Compressor makes it impossible to set the MP2 audio bitrate from within the GUI, so you're going to need to edit the settings file with TextEdit. Here's how to do it.

1. Close Compressor.
2. Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Compressor.
3. Locate the setting you just saved, ctrl-click it and select Open With > Other and navigate to TextEdit in your Applications folder.
4. Look for the part that begins with <audio-encode. It should be towards the end of the file. Then change <data-rate>384000</data-rate> to <data-rate>224000</data-rate>.
5. Save the file.
6. Relaunch Compressor, apply the setting to your movie and encode it.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics