compressor unable to submit queue to compressor

Posted by LoriGlasgow 
compressor unable to submit queue to compressor
October 06, 2011 06:17PM
I upgraded to Leopard OS 10.5.8 and have not been able to export to compressor since. I have been to [docs.info.apple.com] already. I have deleted preferences. I have done everything suggested at the above website except uninstall and reinstall compressor. I am hesitant to do that because we are nearly complete on a big project and I don't want any unintended consequences of uninstall/reinstall to damage any part of the project. it is a 90 minute feature. i need to compress the audio and when i try exporting to soundtrack the system quits and when i try to export to compressor, i get the error message in the subject line of this email. I have a G5 and I am using final cut studio 2. can someone help me get compressor to work??? much thanks
Re: compressor unable to submit queue to compressor
October 06, 2011 06:31PM
Also, I have all the updates. I made sure that the name of my computer is listed in sharing in qmaster. please help me get compressor to work. it worked fine before i installed leopard.
October 06, 2011 06:35PM
Upgrading your computer can modify frameworks and cause all kinds of issues with Final Cut Studio. Give Compressor Repair a try and if that doesn't work, your only choice is to uninstall and reinstall Final Cut Studio:
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
October 06, 2011 06:51PM
I've actually visited the website you referenced above. I was hesitant to download anything given how far along we are on the project. Is there any chance the compressor repair might cause additional problems?
October 06, 2011 06:59PM
There is always a small risk to everything, which is why you always have backups.

www.strypesinpost.com
October 06, 2011 07:02PM
If Compressor Repair doesn't fix the problem you'll need to reinstall Final Cut Studio anyway.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
October 08, 2011 11:38AM
Has anyone ever used digital rebellion compression repair? If so, would you please tell me your experience with it. thank you
October 08, 2011 03:51PM
OK so i used digital rebellion to uninstall and reinstall compressor and qmaster. It worked!! thank you very much
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics