Questions burning 1920 x 1080 to standard DVD

Posted by olivestreetprods 
Questions burning 1920 x 1080 to standard DVD
October 09, 2011 03:18PM
Hello,

I've posted this to the DVD Studio Pro group but the last post there was from a few weeks ago so I'm so sure how active that group is.

In any case, I have a client who wants a looping video playing on a HDTV in the background at his tradeshow booth. He needs a DVD and he's using a Blu-ray player. The video will have no sound. It's simply six minutes of products and logos cross-dissolving into one another. Very simple. The client is providing me with a layered PSD file with images that are 1920 x 1080. I have FCP Studio 3/ FCP 7, and the standard DVD burner in my Mac. I don't know if the target Blu-ray player has a USB port in which he could stick in a thumb drive and play a looping h.264 file. That would be great, but I'm not sure how technically savvy they are or the capabilities of the the Blu-ray player itself.

Current solutions for DVD delivery to client:

>Place a 1920 x 1080 h.264 file on a thumb drive if possible

>Simply letterbox the video and burn to a standard DVD.

> Try to find someone in town (Phoenix metro area) who has a Blu-ray burner and FCP installed and pay to have them burn me a single DVD.

I was hoping someone here might have another suggestion or alternative that I haven't thought of yet. If you do, could you please share it with me.

Thanks!
Re: Questions burning 1920 x 1080 to standard DVD
October 26, 2011 12:07PM
I would look at the bitrate of the H.264 capability of the Blu-ray player. If the bitrate is really low as in below 10 megabits per second, go with the DVD. If you can produce a Blu-ray bitrate H.264 file, then the H.264 is going to look much better. Use compressor to create an H.264 file and test that. Make sure you know the client's Blu-ray player and test with that system.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics