EXPORTING HDV 1080 25p is giving jumpy image

Posted by alioshka 
EXPORTING HDV 1080 25p is giving jumpy image
October 26, 2011 03:02PM
Hi people from LAFCPUG,

I have a question, a problem with my exportation that doesn't let me sleep.
I'm editing HDV 1080 25p footage recorded with the Canon XHA1 in FCP 6.06. MACOS X 10.5.6 LEOPARD Proc.2.8 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR 2 SDRAM 800M.

My finished timeline is 7 minutes. Some effects, some LiveType titles (a little sawtooth like in the edges), and all looks good so far. The settings are HDV1080 25p timeline.

Now, I want to create a master with best resolution and best compatibility, I do not mind the file size.

I'm doing several tests and I'm not really satisfied.
The timeline looks perfect but once created the Quicktime file the image is jumping slightly, stumbling, the larger the file bigger the jumps. But once copied to a data file DVD is terrible, the picture is very jumpy and keeps on stopping.

I exported with and without Quicktime conversion. In different codecs: HDV1080 25p, in ProRes 422 HQ normal (before rendering in ProRes too). Frame rate 25, size 1440x1080. AAC.
The timeline looks perfect but once created the Quicktime file in all cases the image is jumping slightly, stumbling, the larger the file bigger the jumps. But once copied to a data file DVD is terrible, the picture is very jumpy and keeps on stopping.

I tried also to deinterlace although I don't think progresive should deinterlace? isn't it?

I don't know what else to try ! Why is that so difficul? Or am I doing something wrong?

I need to deliver this work and need help urgently!
Re: EXPORTING HDV 1080 25p is giving jumpy image
October 26, 2011 06:49PM
It's jumpy and stoppy because you are trying to play it back from a DVD. If you need to play it from a data DVD, use h.264 with 4-6Mbs.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: EXPORTING HDV 1080 25p is giving jumpy image
November 06, 2011 11:14AM
thanks a lot strypes! no I don't need to play it from it, is just to deliver.
so, as they not used to play HD and probably don't have premier or avid, need they just copy it in their PC desktop or need a fast speed hard drive for playback and storage?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics