Separate audio tracks from FCP 7 to DVCAM

Posted by adoming 
Separate audio tracks from FCP 7 to DVCAM
December 30, 2011 04:23PM
Gang,

I have to deliver a digibeta pal tape to a broadcaster with four separate tracks of audio (1&2 full Stereo; 3&4 M&E). The digibeta pal aspect is the most costly but I do have DVCAM decks (Sony HVR-M15U and Sony DSR25). I'll have to send out for digibeta pal transfer anyway but I have to solve a few issues first:

1. I have the separated tracks as I need them -- how can I export them to the DVCAM deck maintaining them as separate tracks? Can this be accomplished in one pass through firewire? (this is the most pressing question)

2. Can I export this as a DCVAM PAL format (to save me a few bucks on the conversion) to my deck?

Thanks for the help and let me know if I need to fill in a few blanks!

Alan Dominguez
Denver, Colorado
Re: Separate audio tracks from FCP 7 to DVCAM
December 30, 2011 04:45PM
What did you shoot/edit in? What format?

www.strypesinpost.com
December 30, 2011 05:01PM
Shot in MiniDV edited in FCP 7.

Thanks!
December 30, 2011 05:21PM
DVCAM only supports four tracks of 32 kHz audio. It is limited to two tracks for 48 kHz.

Can you not give the post house a QuickTime movie that they can write to Digibeta tape?

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
January 02, 2012 09:23AM
I did not even know this was possible. It certainly sounds like the the path of least resistance. How best do I solve the PAL conversion issue?

Thanks, Jon!
January 02, 2012 11:24AM
I've never used it but the Nattress Standards Converter is highly recommended:
[www.nattress.com]

P.S. I'd advise checking that the post house can actually accept a QuickTime movie before you start going down this route.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics