Please look at compressor forum posting

Posted by DM 
DM
Please look at compressor forum posting
July 01, 2012 06:27PM
Hello all,
I posted a question about file size reduction in the compressor forum. Since that forum seems to be less visited, wonder if someone can take a look...

(and then screwed up by posting this in that forum!!)

XDCAM EX footage (1920 x 1080)
exported full QT movie from FC-7
Each movie is 7 gigs.
want to reduce file size for easier download from dropbox.
thx
Re: Please look at compressor forum posting
July 01, 2012 07:04PM
ProRes 422
I even think that the preres444 would be smaller. The xdcam is like 4:2:0 sampling.

If it is not going to be edited out that dropbox, then h264 with a +1.0 gamma shift at 4000kpbs, in compressor.

Other wise it cant be full 1080 and you could reduce the resolution to 720p and keep the XDCam native to to the camera. It will not be a lot smaller. Maybe from 7gigs to 5gigs at best.

The xdcam is like 4:2:0

I really depends on what is going to be done with it after DL.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
June 21, 2013 12:24AM
This Compressor thing is killing me. I have dragged my files into Compressor. I have set the setting I want (pro res) and place I want it to go to (same drive as I started on ) but I get a small skinny window at the top asking about "clusters" (which have never heard of until today) . It will not allow me to "submit". When I go to batch monitor, it says I have no clusters. I am not using multiple computers in a "cluster" . I only have a dual core mac pro. Why is this so difficult. I don't think I need clusters at all , but as I say, I have never heard of them until today.
Please help.
June 21, 2013 12:25AM
Give Compressor Repair a try:
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
June 21, 2013 12:49AM
jon thanks for the amazingly fast response. i got compressor repair and ran it but compressor still won't let me submit. what am i doin wrong? Do i have to put in the info about the "host and an IP address? If so, why? i just don't get it

thanks
don
June 21, 2013 03:35PM
Hi guys, I'm still in deep doogie over here. I can't get "clusters" to say "this computer" At least I think that's my problem. Any help greatly appreciated!!!!!

os 10.6.8 mac pro dual core 3 gig hz compressor v 3.5.3
June 26, 2013 12:21AM
I "solved my problem". I converted the .mov files (that were really just re-wraped low res by clip wrap to be recognized by the FCP 7) using mpeg streamclip. They don't look as good as the files I converted to pro res directly from .mts. On the pans, the trees and poles jerk sideways. looks like a really bad compression decompression problem but at least I delivered the job.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics