Need encoding help - Compressor error

Posted by mindsnare 
Need encoding help - Compressor error
July 01, 2012 06:59PM
Aloha

I am having issues exporting from compressor. I exported the project to compressor from FCP and I get an error half way through.
The question is would i get the same quality encode if I exported the project in prores HQ and then sent to compressor? What is the best way to export a project since there are so many options? export using qt conversion / compressor, etc

PS - LAFCPUG.com earned a credit in my short film for all the support you guys have given - thanks again.

Sean
Re: Need encoding help - Compressor error
July 01, 2012 07:08PM
export a QTSC ( quicktime self contained movie )
That is always the best route to go.
You end up with a qt movie in the same codec as the tl.
Then send that to compressor.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
July 01, 2012 07:12PM
J - thanks for the quick response. The media in the tl is a mixed soup of prores / photo jpeg / xd cam footage - I was able to export before. So you suggest that I export then send to compressor? - what format should i export at? - I am exporting now in prores 422 HG - would that do the trick? - Thanks again

Sean
July 01, 2012 07:42PM
I think prores is fine. I am assuming they are all at the same frame rate. sometimes you can get funky stuff with mix frame rates in fcp.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
July 01, 2012 08:32PM
A further suggestion is to render the timeline before exporting the QT.

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics