How to convert .mts MPEG-1 to Quicktime or other compatible with FCP

Posted by alioshka 
How to convert .mts MPEG-1 to Quicktime or other compatible with FCP
May 30, 2013 09:59AM
Hi, I have recieved these files .mts, I believe mpeg-1 format, that do not open in the MACOS.
I have to edit them in FCP but I don't see how to make them compatible.
So far I've tried to convert with VLC and MPEG Streamclip with no results.

Is there any free download converter application?eye rolling smiley
Any solution?

Regards,

Alioshka

final cut pro 6.06
MACOS X 10.5.8 LEOPARD
Proc. 2.8 GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
800M 4GB DDR 2
Re: How to convert .mts MPEG-1 to Quicktime or other compatible with FCP
May 30, 2013 10:06AM
MTS files are usually AVCHD, which should show up in FCP7's Log and Transfer unless you -- or somebody else -- messed with the original file structure. I'm not sure if your FCP6 does AVCHD, however. You may need ClipWrap (www.divergentmedia.com) or Voltaic (www.shedworx.com). In my opinion, ClipWrap is definitely the superior of the two. At $50, it's really a pretty good deal.

www.derekmok.com
May 30, 2013 10:50AM
Thanks Derek.
I remembered I used once Log&Transfer for AVCHD files with this FCP6, but this one doesn't work.
But... how can I know the type of compression as in the information only says "unix executable file"?
May 31, 2013 11:26PM
Hi, I also have an mts files question. I just got a Canon G20 camcorder (shoots in AVCHD format and makes mts files). I need to download my footage from the SDXC card tonight and them convert them to .mov files. Is that correct? Is that the right procedure? If so, what is the best program to do it???. I read on the web that MPEG streamclip won't convert mts files. Apparently brorsoft mts converter will work. Is that the way to go.??? Lastly, do I just need the mts files off the disc??. One tutorial said that if I want to import directly into FCP, that I have to copy the whole file structure off the SD card but that is not what I want to do. I'm kind of freaking out because I need to get all the footage off my 2 cards and use them tomorrow and once it's gone, it's gone!. Any help will really be appreciated.

Mac Pro Tower dual core system 10.6.8 FCP 7
May 31, 2013 11:35PM
Brorsoft is spamware developed by an unethical company, which creates false identities to give its own products glowing reviews. Don't touch it.

Read this:

[www.macworld.com]

www.derekmok.com
May 31, 2013 11:48PM
Wow Derek. Thank you so much. that's frightening. so what should I use for a converter??? any recommendations??
May 31, 2013 11:54PM
Read the posts above.

www.derekmok.com
June 01, 2013 01:13AM
will do sorry freaking out can't see the forest for the trees. researched clipwrap and it seems pretty cool. Is there any reason that I should connect the camera with HDMI cable and capture in real time (like we did with mini DV tape and firewire)? back in the good old days?
June 03, 2013 03:08PM
handbrake is the option to convert .mts to m4v, the files get bigger but works, and is free!
thanks to all!!!
July 10, 2013 10:41PM
Jumped the handbrake ship for AppGeeker, since it's about as fast, and is a little easier for queuing files.

www.appgeeker.com

Actually, mp4 is great for using in Mac system, however, if you want to get files in other file like QuickTime MOV to work on your Mac, you will need to download other alternatives, since Handbrake only output mkv and mp4 file.

Sam
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics