Feature Requests for FCP6.0 - Lorren's List

Posted by Loren Miller 
Feature Requests for FCP6.0 - Lorren's List
November 29, 2006 08:11PM
[FCP5 came up with a new annoying feature where after you rename something in the Browser and press Return to confirm the name]

Derek, use ENTER.

SECONDED:
- Playhead scrubbing anywhere over timeline.
- Arrange function should add Arrange to Grid-- which leaves custom placementns intact.
- Freeze Frames made in FCP should have the ability to Match Frame back to the original unfrozen clip

(Is my mind gone or could we do that last one in eralier versions?)

This goes back two or three cycles too. But hey, witness Tabbed Window Navigation with Command-Shift [ or ]. As Brian Meaney said, all things in good time. Or all good things in time. Something like that.

FR's/ER's:

SMART EXPLODE VIEWER TIME GRAPH --
A better Explode function, with key command and mouse button to automagically reveal the clip's time graph, spread to maximum width (NOT height-- don't obstruct Timeline!) minus Canvas area, with the cip highlight fully centered and ready to effect.

EDIT Blue Keyframe Indicators--
In the Time Graph the Blue Keyframe indicators do nothing else. I should be able to
a) MOVE a Blue to move an entire column of keyframes for that parameter.
b) DUPLICATE by Option-drgaging a Blue to a new frame, which I can then edit.
c) DELETE an entire column in ecah parameter group by Select-Delete on a Blue.

AUTOSELECT as an OPTION. Just be able to turn it off. Confuses many folks, adds needless complexity. Turn it on for selective effecting, editing, etc.

- Loren
Today's FCP 4 / 5 keytip:
Do a virtual Audio Mixdown to lighten playback load with Command-Option-R!

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Re: Feature Requests for FCP6.0 - Lorren's List
November 29, 2006 09:23PM
> [FCP5 came up with a new annoying feature where after you rename something in the
> Browser and press Return to confirm the name]
> Derek, use ENTER.

Oh hell. Thanks for the tip, Loren, but it isn't going to help me enough. Reaching all the way over to the number pad while I'm typing 100-120 wpm in Log Notes, clip names etc.? Doesn't make sense. I don't know why the FCP design team implemented this. I know FCP4.5 doesn't do this.

> - Freeze Frames made in FCP should have the ability to Match Frame back to the original
> unfrozen clip
> (Is my mind gone or could we do that last one in eralier versions?)

That's a good question...I've been using the current versions so long, I can't remember if this was ever possible.

But as I said, Match Frame calling up the Freeze-Frame itself is a useless feature.

> AUTOSELECT as an OPTION. Just be able to turn it off. Confuses many
> folks, adds needless complexity.

Hear, hear. I think the Source/Target button can take over many, though not all, of the Auto-Select buttons' functions.

www.derekmok.com
Re: Feature Requests for FCP 6.0 - Lorren's List
November 29, 2006 10:23PM
Derek-
[it isn't going to help me enough. Reaching all the way over to the number pad]

I suggest after you write the first chapter, take a millisecond break and move six inches to use it. Then quickly back! Noone will know. ;-)

Check to see if you can reverse-map them. I think they're OS-hard-wired, but maybe you can come up with something in mapping for workaround.

Lisa B:
[How about a tool (or Pen tool keystroke modifier) that automatically sets a pair of keyframes? That would save me a lot of mousing and clicking.]

SECONDED. Not even Avid has this ramp-maker shortcut.

- Loren
Today's FCP 4 / 5 keytip:
Do a virtual Audio Mixdown to lighten playback load with Command-Option-R!

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics