Style sheets

Posted by Mitchla 
Style sheets
December 06, 2006 09:18PM
The ability of the 3-Way Color Correction filter to apply itself to 1 or 2 clips ahead is great, but what happens when you want to make a change globally throughout a long project.  It?s common to correct your movie and then after playing it back change your mind about a look that you gave to clips. I'm tired of viewing a project the day after I've applied color correction filters to 50 clips, only to decide that I wish it was a little warmer. It would be easy to make global changes if there were ?Style Sheets.?  You create a style for the Jack close-up and a style for the Jill close-up.  When you decide that you wish Jack was warmer, you change the Jack style and THEY ALL CHANGE.  Of course, this wouldn?t be limited to Color Correction?it could be used for all filters and attributes?pretty much anything.

Your client comes in and says he hates the orange text--he wants yellow. So you have to go through 47 text generators correcting the color of each.  Not if it's a Style--change one!

Style Sheets would have the simplicity that they have with iWorks Pages. You'd apply filters/attributes to a clip, go to a Style Drawer, create a "Style Based on Clip." Then you select 100 more clips and choose Apply Style. It would take, literally, seconds to do all this... and more importantly, to be able to change all of this.  Style buttons could also be placed on the Timeline Button Bar, and there could be keyboard shortcuts.

Doesn't this seem like a no-brainer for something that would be used in virtually every project?

Mitchell Rose

[www.mitchellrose.com]
Re: Style sheets
December 07, 2006 12:51AM
> You create a style for the Jack close-up and a style for the Jill close-up. When you decide that
> you wish Jack was warmer, you change the Jack style and THEY ALL CHANGE. Of course,
> this wouldn?t be limited to Color Correction?it could be used for all filters and attributes?
> pretty much anything.

That's what filter packs and Paste/Remove Attributes are for. If you change one shot's Color Corrector 3-Way settings, then Remove Attributes the rest of the clips, copy the changed shot, then Paste Attributes the new filter onto the rest of the shots.

> Your client comes in and says he hates the orange text--he wants yellow. So you have to go
> through 47 text generators correcting the color of each. Not if it's a Style--change one!

I developed a workaround for this several months ago:

[www.lafcpug.org]

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics