HIGHLIGHT BETWEEN MARKERS?

Posted by Tom Sanders 
December 12, 2006 02:06PM

Markers are good for showing the start point of an issue, but there's no good way to say "look from here... to here".

How about the ability to highlight between markers? In both the timeline and in the Viewer, more information would be conveyed, more clearly, if the area between two markers could be highlighted, so that you could leave a permanent indicator in a clip of possible areas to be used.

I'm thinking mostly for audio clips: When auditioning takes in the viewer, it would be great to be able to 'circle' one take of many in a given clip, by way of highlighting from an in to an out...
Re: HIGHLIGHT BETWEEN MARKERS?
December 12, 2006 02:22PM
Tom Sanders
it would be great to be able to 'circle' one take of many in a given clip, by way of highlighting from an in to an out.

Do you mean like what happens if you hit Marker, move the cursor down a bit and hit
option-Marker. Make sure nothing is highlighted. It works in the viewer as well. I use it to do exactly what you say with run-on VO takes. The duration markers even show up in the bin on master clips, although you need to turn down the newly appearing arrow to see them. I use this to avoid the FCP sub-clip crazies.

There is a shortcut to mark in to out from a duration marker or between single frame markers.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
Re: HIGHLIGHT BETWEEN MARKERS?
December 12, 2006 02:32PM
Its called an extended marker. Option-` to extend the marker. You can also select an area between two markers with the mark to markers function Control-A.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics