Some of what i'd like to see in FCP

Posted by Andy Mees 
Some of what i'd like to see in FCP
January 22, 2007 01:24AM
Wow, this thread is a monster .... way too long to read, so apologies if this is all the same as the preceeding pages. Here's some of what i'd like to see in FCP:

* Mixed formats and resolutions in the timeline.
* Media database, tracking all project media by reel and timecode and metadata.
* Versatile audio patchbay for mapping tracks to multiple outputs simultaneously.
* XDCAM proxy editing with autoconform to high res.
* Smart bins.
* Option to jog field by field.
* Controls to dertermine how speed changes are applied in the timeline
(eg for constant speed, a checkbox to "Maintain clip duration" ... and for variable speed the opposite!)
* Extend edit in "Ripple" mode.
* Increase the range of system hooks to enhance and extend Control Surface support
* Still should have metadata describing composite originals so that I can "Match Frame" to original (choosing from list of originals if necessary)
* It would also be nice an "Advanced" option in the Remove Attributes dialog ... choosing it would allow me to remove specific attributes of any group rather than the current all or nothing approach, this would include generating a list of all filters applied within the selection and allow me to remove any combination of those applied filters from the whole.

Ok, so I'm kind of making it up as I go along now ... if I can remember anything else that I've wished for along the way I'll post it later.

Here's more:

* Vastly improved keyframe control. eg Ability to select individual or multiple keyframes for Cut/Copy/Paste, Ability to drag multiple keyframes, Abilty to Cut/Copy/Paste individual keyframe attributes
* Realtime feedback during capture. We need to be able to see current timecode from tape plus all relevant data about clip being captured, number of clips remaining to be captured (not including current capture), total duration of those remaining clips etc

These ones recently cropped up:

* Paste "before" playhead rather than "after" ... paste insert/overwrite currently only works as a three point edit with the sequence playhead as the record in, we should have the option to use the playhead as the record out
* Icon view images currently do not display in their correct aspect ratio when the masterclip is flagged "Anamorphic" that should be fixed/added in the next version

Andy
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics