Wish list for FCP 6.0 - color coded buttons

Posted by Bill Rabinovitch 
Wish list for FCP 6.0 - color coded buttons
February 20, 2007 10:32AM
Color Coded buttons for clips in Timeline

Outside of the five colors that can assigned to sequences -- how & where can one assign colors to the various individual clips later made within a sequence on Time Line that Tom Wolsky in Feature Requests for next FCP 11-22-07 says is now part of the ability of FCP?
I don't see where that is done or any description in the Help files. This is a feature I've often needed. I think the person who previously asked --Jay Beeson #9 was asking the same thing I am. I surely need lots more than the five selectable sequence colors.

Bill Rabinovitch

Tom Wolsky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "ability to Color coded- Buttons- placed above
> timeline- "
>
> You can do that now.
>
> "Ability to arrange clips better in browser---Drag
> and drop in order you want-
> Alpha numeric only suks"
>
> You can do that. Switch to icon view.
>
> "Ability to open Effects browser from right side
> of timeline-button-less scrowling"
>
> You can dock the Effects tab into the Timeline
> window. Personally I think the menus are much
> quicker and easier to use.
>
> "Have a button to lock all audio tracks -one click
> only- "
>
> Shift-F5
Re: Wish list for FCP 6.0 - color coded buttons
February 20, 2007 03:33PM
Unless I misunderstood the question was about adding color coding to buttons and had nothing to do with color coding clips.
Re: Wish list for FCP 6.0 - color coded buttons
February 21, 2007 11:35AM
02-21-07
Tom,
Think color coding clips limitations should be changed in FCP 6 so user can choose any desired color for any clip on the Timeline by using Apple's normal color palette -- & that the entire clip be able to be colored -- not just a tiny swatch at the start of the clip. Being locked into just five colors & primarily just for the overall sequences by this time seems ludicrous. Just how complicated could this be for Apple to implement anyway? This isn't rocket science & would be a big step forward for FCP.

In this way you could even study things from across the room & get both an overall & a specific sense of things. And one should be able to do Search's based on color.
As a project gets refined one just changes the color of the clips to reflect the current state of change. The current 5 color thing has to go!

I've asked about this for years on forums & even panels recognizing it would really help in organizing the more complex FCP projects that I & many others are dealing with -- organized by color aesthetics opposed to often inscrutable text descriptions.

Bill Rabinovitch
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics