A Better way to Log - like Adobe Bridge, but for Video

Posted by John K 
A Better way to Log - like Adobe Bridge, but for Video
January 26, 2008 11:09PM
As I'm digging through 5+ hours of HDV footage for a 10 min. project, it occurs to me that there's got to be a better way to log and view massive amounts of footage. I know there are logging apps out there but I'd really like something more intuitive, more visual. Something similar to Adobe Bridge just for video, with some of the features of iMovie 08. A companion app to FCP, a place just to view clips and add logging info or metadata. Nice big window, filmstrip views, easy to use and robust enough to handle whatever codec you throw at it. Easy export of selects and bin structure back to FCP, ready for editing. A place to break down and rate all your footage so it's not just sitting there in the Browser, staring at you...

JK

January 27, 2008 12:22AM
How about Martin's Movie Logger?

Re: A Better way to Log - like Adobe Bridge, but for Video
January 27, 2008 12:45AM
It's close but not quite what I envision... something a little more robust and more interactive with the video, if that makes sense. Like the way iMovie 08 presents clips as unrolled filmstrips for easy skimming; I wouldn't want that in FCP but it would be nice to "play" with clips that way in a different window or app. I'd love to be able to view clip thumbnails or filmstrips in a really big grid, larger than what I can see in a bin, even print them out so I can have a "Murch" board pretty easily. And then when I'm done, organize everything into new bins and export that XMl info right back into FCP seamlessly...

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics