Closed Captions!

Posted by Apprise Video 
Closed Captions!
February 14, 2008 07:38PM
Closed Captions! The FCC requires that ALL political ads and virtually all Infomercials be closed captioned. So why can't we simply add them to line 21 (I think that is the line)? Most political TV ads are scripted first, so there would be no transcribing needed, and a :30 ad would not be too difficult to add to the timeline or however they design it. Compressor already allows for it as well. Infomercials would need to be transcribed, but you would need some kind of medication to do that, but it can be done! I would think there is a big need with any production company that produces these kinds of programs. This year there will be more political ads than usual, and it happens every two years! Talk about a real need, I need it now. There is only one company that provides the software/hardware to do this that I have found, & the cost is more than $5000.00. For small markets, that is a big cost for just one piece of Uni-Tasking software. Sure you can farm it out, but that means a big time delay for political ads. Please Apple, give us Closed Captioning!
Re: Closed Captions!
February 14, 2008 09:30PM
a worthy request indeed ... you should be sure to post that one directly to the official FCP Feedback page too
[www.apple.com]
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics