Navigate Directly to a Clip's Out Point

Posted by kjhemphill 
Navigate Directly to a Clip's Out Point
January 10, 2008 08:44AM
I'm not aware of any way you can navigate directly to a clip's out point. Down arrow goes to the next edit; shift-O goes to any set out points or the end of the sequence if no out point is set.
How about shift-(down arrow) to navigate to a clip's out point?
Re: Navigate Directly to a Clip's Out Point
January 10, 2008 10:29AM
> I'm not aware of any way you can navigate directly to a clip's out point. Down arrow goes to the
> next edit; shift-O goes to any set out points or the end of the sequence if no out point is set.
> How about shift-(down arrow) to navigate to a clip's out point?

?
SHIFT-Up/Down Arrow navigates between markers.
What's wrong with SHIFT-O?
Or do you mean navigating to a clip's out point in the Sequence?

I'd just drag the mouse to that cut. The problem I anticipate with a shortcut to fly to a clip Out point within the timeline is that In/Out points overlap a lot in a timeline especially if you're doing multiple layers in video effects, or audio design. The playhead wouldn't know which Out point you'd want to fly to. And if you had to select the desired clip before doing the fly, then you might as well drag the playhead with the mouse to begin with.

www.derekmok.com
Re: Navigate Directly to a Clip's Out Point
January 10, 2008 05:39PM
"The playhead wouldn't know which Out point you'd want to fly to"
determined by autoselect buttons, perhaps,
or it would simply follow the normal FCP "next edit" behaviour where you select an edit on track V1 for instance, and it's v1 you're navigating.

avid had a preference, i believe, where you chose if the "next edit" function takes you to the in point or the put point of a timeline clip.

maybe it's not a preference, but it IS possible to navigate directly to out points in avid.
very useful.

FCP can only go to in points, so you have to use twice as many keystrokes:
down arrow, left arrow,
down arrow, left arrow
etc, etc.

nick
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics