BG Rendering & Quality

Posted by Steve Douglas 
BG Rendering & Quality
December 08, 2008 09:29PM
I would love for FC to enable you to continue working while rendering is going on. I hate having to wait before I can proceed.
I also find that even though the computers keep getting faster and more powerful, the software itself is also more demanding. Since I prefer to view things in high quality, even with my
2x3GHz Dual-Core and 5.5 gigs ram, sometimes the simplest of FX demand rendering before I can really see them in RT.
Another thing I would love to see changed is that when I accidently open FCP when I might have meant to open the exported clip in Quicktime, I would love to be able to quit FC without having to wait for the entire app to open.
My 2c
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
Re: BG Rendering & Quality
December 08, 2008 10:03PM
> I would love for FC to enable you to continue working while rendering is going on. I hate having
> to wait before I can proceed.

Dre...am...dream, dream, dream...
Only trouble is, gee whiz...

> Another thing I would love to see changed is that when I accidently open FCP when I might
> have meant to open the exported clip in Quicktime, I would love to be able to quit FC without
> having to wait for the entire app to open.

Change QuickTime movies to open with QuickTime Player by accessing their information window (APPLE-I in OS, Open with). And if the application is launching and you don't want it, you could force-quit it (OPTION-APPLE-ESC). Don't know if that's healthy for the system, but it works.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics