Text Notes through *portions* of an image?

Posted by editor08 
Text Notes through *portions* of an image?
December 17, 2008 06:37PM
How about an easier ability to leave text notes that appear through portions of an image?

(please lemmeno if you know something that I don't! smiling smiley )

Marker names don't quite work for me on this (they're only at one point). So right now I rely on making temp titles.

Titles are 'easy' enough. I often just option + click to duplicate a piece of text, position on timeline, then load into viewer and adjust the text in Controls - but that's about 4-5 steps! and clutters my timeline and can require some rendering).

Easier notation would have also come in handy on this heavy visual fx show I just worked on, where huge parts of the episodes relied on titles over clean plate live action, in order to indicate the actions happening in the ultimate vfx.

At the moment, I'm working on a series of 10 minute long steadicam takes that are rife with problems (boom, bad performance, continuity). So I'm laying out the takes on a timeline and notating them for easier reference - this has made my editing on this particular scene much more comprehensive and systematic.

cheers,
Susan

Susan E. Kim
Mac Pro 2 X 3 ghz quad-core,
8 gb ram,
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT,
FCP 6.0.5
Re: Text Notes through *portions* of an image?
December 17, 2008 11:20PM
Hey Susan

>How about an easier ability to leave text notes that appear through portions of an image? ...
Marker names don't quite work for me on this (they're only at one point).

Actually your Markers can also have a duration. Set the duration accordingly in the Edit Marker window, or after creating a Marker you can move the playhead to where you want the marked region to end and choose Mark > Markers > Extend (or Opt `) ... you should find that the Marker Name and Comment should be displayed throughout the marked region

Hope thats useful
Andy
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics