Tired of Squinting, & Access to Most Used Filters via Right Click

Posted by J.Corbett 
Tired of Squinting, & Access to Most Used Filters via Right Click
January 02, 2009 10:51AM
I am tired of squinting.

How bout making the text that comes up in the very top gray bar in the viewer have clearer text even when gray.
You load a clip to viewer the name of that clip comes up at the top but its small and often requires lunging forward to read it. A larger point or thicker font.

why not have full black text on selected layout parts ( canvas , browser , TL) in this picture the text is hard to read and its worse with the app open and sitting 3 feet away.

MENUs

When i edit a project i usually use the same 3 filters transitions for uniformity and style purposes. It would be nice to have the ability to right click and get to those most used filters and transitions. would be nice if it could be project sensitive also.

CURRENT EDIT POINT RIGHT CLICK

AFTER ( right clicks on edit point would only include the transition set and right clicks on clips would include the filter menu only )

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Tired of Squinting, & Access to Most Used Filters via Right Click
January 02, 2009 06:26PM
good idea re the transition set.
you wouldn't right click on an EDIT to add a filter, but it could be on he clip itself.

but J you should read up on filter and transition FAVORITES.
you can save your faves, and then assign keystrokes.

there's a tute movie on the tutorials page.
[www.lafcpug.org]
(couldn't copy the link to the movie for some reason)

nick
January 02, 2009 06:31PM
Its this link

[www.lafcpug.org]

then look for "Final Pro Tutorial - Saving Favorites (Movie)"

Michael Horton
-------------------
January 03, 2009 12:55AM
i use the favorites a lot. but going back and forth between the browser and TL can get risk heavy at times.
They seem to have 2 or 3 way to do most things , so it seems like a simple rite click function would be do able.

Hey but part about the motion keyframes as a favorite was WoW moment for me. I didn't know that.

another thing is that i seem to get crashes with fxplugs and some 3rd party filters, so i am nervous about 3rds in my favorite filters.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
January 03, 2009 12:09PM
Not all 3rd party plug ins are compatible with every version of FC or AE. For instance, Nucleo Pro 2 for AE is a great plug in but is not compatible with the new CS4. I hear they are working on it.
There are others with the same situation. So, if a plug in causes a crash you can delete it, contact the company and see if they have a fix.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
January 04, 2009 06:47AM
"i use the favorites a lot. but going back and forth between the browser and TL can get risk heavy at times."

you missed my point.
you can apply favourites using KEYBOARD COMMANDS.
you need to have them orgniased in the faves folder so they are in sequential order.
use bins, & renaming (add 01 etc to the names to do this)

the default commands are non-logical, so you'd be best to change them.
how about control F1, F2, F3 for filters,
option F1, F2, F3 for transitions.
whatever works for you.

of, if you like clicking, use can use BUTTONS.

nick
January 04, 2009 10:21AM
ahhhhh, thats a hot tip. i didn't think about it that way.

""""
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics