Feature requests from IanEdit

Posted by ianedit 
Feature requests from IanEdit
January 31, 2009 03:57PM
The ability to gang audio tracks in the audio mix tool.

A way to record voice over into the computer through the digitize tool as a clip and not the audio mix tool.

A way to record more than five minutes of voice over at a time.

The ability to make subclips on the fly while loading.

Media relative selection.

Decomposing. Or a very quick way to find out exactly how much material from one tape I am using to keep track of maximum allowances from specific footage archives.

The ability to make timelines longer than twelve hours so I can make real time stacks for reality show editing.

The ability to use a sequence as source while retaining my cuts as opposed to it creating an automatic nest.

Auto patching.

A way to create custom mattes with a pen tool.

Not having to re render while toggling tracks.

Custom start dissolves.

The ability to see all six sides of a dissolve in trim mode.

The ability to make a ripple delete without having to select all tracks in need of rippling. It would be nice to make an extraction with only one track selected to avoid over clicking in the track panel.

The ability to single roller trim my A side forward without having to double razor the entire sequence. It would be nice if FCP just made the break for me and left black.

Radically improve slip mode.

The ability to reassign to different tracks what I have copied as opposed to having to shift z the entire copied selection and than selectively delete and or re-assign from timeline. Simular to a clipboard monitor.

The ability to simultaneously overwrite both something and nothing into a timeline meaning if I want to overwrite something onto A3/4 while deleting A1/2 by selecting A1-4 on the right side of the track panel but only connect A3/4 on the right side.

This is all I can think of right now.
Re: Feature requests from IanEdit
January 31, 2009 04:56PM
A way to record voice over into the computer through the digitize tool as a clip and not the audio mix tool.

you can do that now.
just set control to "non controllable device"

Media relative selection.

you'll have to explain that as if we've never heard of or used avid!
i know it's an avid term, but i dont know what it means

Decomposing. Or a very quick way to find out exactly how much material from one tape I am using to keep track of maximum allowances from specific footage archives.

this is similar to one of my most frequent requests: "intelligent timeline search"
if i could search the timeline for a specific reel, then i could open media manage and see how much i have used.
FCP can only search for clip or marker names in the timeline (or source TC).
so the workaround is to include the reel# (or some specific code) in the clip name if you think you will need this function.
i do this with archival material.

The ability to use a sequence as source while retaining my cuts as opposed to it creating an automatic nest.

yep, can do now.
hold Apple (command) while you make the edit,
or better, in the keyboard layout window, assign "Overwrite Sequence Contents" and "Insert Sequence Contents" to F9 &F10. you will get the contents when you have a sequence loaded in the viewer, and a normal clip will edit across as you'd expect, too.

Auto patching.
more detail, please. is this another avid term?

Radically improve slip mode.
how?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics