Something nice to look at

Posted by grafixjoe 
Something nice to look at
February 16, 2009 07:09PM
A totally gutted & customizable interface. Skin / button / color choices. Something nice to look at. Battleship gray ("Old Ironsides"winking smiley is tired & needs a facelift.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: Something nice to look at
February 17, 2009 02:13AM
It's Gray for a reason, if you're trying to concentrate on color correction and the finer details of your edit, you don't need anything distracting you. The most important thing to look at is what's in your canvas & viewer.
That said, FCP and the pro-apps in general are in need of a massive UI overhaul. There is a distinct lack of uniformity and that needs to change. This isn't just cosmetic, Color, while being very powerful, needs dramatic UI changes to make it a lot more useable to the regular user (inclusion of sliders, removal of the need for a 3-button mouse configuration - even though there's ways round it)
It could go on and on, I would think that an update will follow after Snow Leopard and Quicktime X, both of these will go a long way to re-writing the core of FCP, you'd like to hope that UI would follow.
Re: Something nice to look at
February 17, 2009 08:53AM
This is a loose topic because it requires one school of thought to accept another.

In another thread I mentioned my use of desktop wallpaper as a means of style motivation. There were a lot of people who disagreed but there were a lot that didn't.

Grey maybe a good color for a colorist but for an editor (strictly cut man) that UI may not be the best. Grouping certain types of functions by color may be more efficient to some while larger buttons and text without a color may be more efficient for another.

The UI should be customizable for each persons needs. Final Cut being a multi-use program may also need multi-UI for those who narrow their use of this NLE to a particular function. Especially in network assembly line style production.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics