Some requests from an ex AVID person

Posted by badds 
Some requests from an ex AVID person
February 19, 2009 08:41PM
1) Audio scrubbing whilst ACTUALLY trimming!
2) Ability to Import batch list and have it connect (as subclip) to Media referenced in that bin.
(Yes, an ex AVID person)
3) XML Import option to allocate numbering of multiple references to a single Quicktime.
4)Green and Red Markers. (pan/Tilt - Start/stop)

Rob Baddeley
Melbourne, Australia.
Re: Some requests from an ex AVID person
February 19, 2009 10:05PM
And you can extend markers to show start/stop ranges by marking the start point, then moving to the end point and hitting option ` (the small mark to the left of the 1 key and above the tab on the main keyboard).

Re:Better keyword searches for the manuals
February 20, 2009 12:46PM
I agree.

But a manual writer can know all of the terms a particular that are associated to a function or a window. Also when a term is made up it comes from what's being used and the best description based on previously know terms and phrases.

Like CC, Grading, and Looks or frame size and aspect. I know what the differences are in those and they are often used loosely.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
February 19, 2009 08:49PM
Oh yeah...And;
5) a Soft edge crop in the motion tab, that DOESN'T do the edges that haven't been adjusted.

Badds
February 19, 2009 09:19PM
badds

I second that. When you crop more than 20% of the edge its worrisome getting the soft edge. It should be in the motion tab. Cant be that hard to achieve.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
February 19, 2009 09:59PM
You can add a rectangle mask, cropping only the edge you want to soften, then add a mask feather, if you need to do this.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics