PLAY AROUND BUTTON THIS IS A BUTTON VERY FEW EDITORS KNOW ABOUT

Posted by studio123 
PLAY AROUND BUTTON THIS IS A BUTTON VERY FEW EDITORS KNOW ABOUT
February 16, 2010 02:55PM
Hi Michael

(nice LAFCPUG in Amsterdam btw)

dear developpers of FCP (and fellow editors reading this)

here is a very simple but powerfull request: ADJUST THE PLAY AROUND BUTTON

the play around function is- once you get the full idea of its potential- just great.

Like music software as Cubase and Pro Tools it allows you to quickly inspect a specific transition or a musical switch that one is nodging or tweaking. One can control the pre roll and post roll time in preferences very easily so checking your edit or transition points happens in a blink of the eye BUT.....

when ending "play around" with the spacebar (for example at the next trouble point in your edit)

it jumps back to the starting position and not the actual one where the ruler just was.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this an option at preferences to select: "play around stop at ruler point" or "play around stop at preroll point"

very easy but once you all get the idea, it will save you hours,

all professional music softwares have this....fcp not...yet....

For example: to shorten a song to match the ending of your video it times me only 20 secs max to nodge it out with ripple editing, using + and - on the number pad and of course...our good old friend "play around". I see all editors lose many minutes in glueing different parts of a song together because they loose lots of time going over the cut point over and over again.

Could one be so kind to inform me if any of the great people at FCP developping has read this? my email is info@studio123.be

PLAY AROUND is a very overseen timesaver, with a short preroll (1 sec) and long postroll
(3 min) one has three commands for the click of one....

try it! put it under a keyboardkey nearby, adapt your preroll to very short (1 sec) and you are flying over your edit.

greetings to all you out their, feel free to contact me if you have similar or other thoughts,

Joachim
Brussels
senior editor Studio 123
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics