Another way to appeal to Apple

Posted by wholder 
Another way to appeal to Apple
June 25, 2011 04:03PM
I don't really have a dog in this fight, as I'm not a professional editor, but I don't think that trashing a product like FCPX is a productive way to get what you want. To me, the interesting thing about Apple's actions is that, in addition releasing FCP X, they completely discontinued the the FCP Studio. Now, there are two ways to interpret that action. First, they discontinued FCPS to force people to upgrade to FCPX. Or, they discontinued FCPS because they were supremely confidant that FCPX was the superior product they claim it to be.

Regardless of which line of reasoning you subscribe to, the second reason provides a possible way to appeal to Apple. If FCPX is the superior product they believe it to be, then they can put their money where their PR apparatus is and release FCPS as a free, or low cost download. After all, if FCPX is so great, then it has nothing to fear from an obsolete product and, in no time at all, this should be reflected in the download stats. Call this a play on vanity, but I think it makes more sense than a trashing attack.

Wayne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics