Import XML Written into X's Code

Posted by chad haberstroh 
Import XML Written into X's Code
June 28, 2011 11:01AM
Turns out it's in there, just not enabled.

XML in X

This site from Brazil (I think) gives instructions on how to open the Import window, but that's as far as they've been able to get. At least that's what I think it says. Anyone care to translate how to open the Import window?
Re: Import XML Written into X's Code
June 28, 2011 11:56AM
If only Apple would be upfront about what's under development, they'd alleviate a lot of the hysteria. It doesn't resolve all the mistakes they've made but some of the "mind share" collapse would be easy to avoid.
June 28, 2011 12:50PM
Betcha $10 that there is a "Save" and "Save As" function, too.
June 28, 2011 12:58PM
You're on. Not going to happen. Saving is dead.

All the best,

Tom
June 28, 2011 05:39PM
Here it goes from Portuguese to English

Final's Cut Pro internal files are a prof that Apple's is working in XML support.

Has we have mentioned on articles here at this website (1, 2), Final Cut Pro has landed on it's version 1.0 with a series of flaws, mainly described by professional editors used to the FCP 7 environment. One of the flaws is the lack of XML support.
Apple representatives are already working on it, but a MacMagazine reader has found on the current version, references that prove that the XML function is being developed by the Apple's engineers but it is not ready for the public yet.
One of the functions founded on the App code is (void)importFinalCutXML wich is related to the XML file import

[macmagazine.com.br]

[macmagazine.com.br]

Has the works already began at Apple, i guess that the function will be ready on FCP X first update although Phillip Hodgetts says in article that Apple is developing an outside utility for it. I do hope that this utility is embedded on the software.

By using a debugger, our news source has turned on the function e got access to this window

[macmagazine.com.br]

Unfortunately we couldn't test this resource with a XML file, but everything indicates that it is already implemented at a certain level

This is the call of the function, to the ones who care to do their own tests

[macmagazine.com.br]

We hope tha Apple won't take long to develop this to the ones that are asking to this

Update

By trying to open an XML file from a previous version of FCP throw the Import Window, this is error that you will get

[macmagazine.com.br]

How is AXEL anyway?

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
June 28, 2011 06:02PM
I hope they build a tape capture tool into FCP. You need the option of batch recapturing.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 28, 2011 07:28PM
AXEL...interesting. A quick Google didn't reveal anything. Thanks Rui.
June 28, 2011 07:42PM
Sounds like a proprietary format based on XML. For what it's worth, FCP 7's format is called XMEML.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
June 29, 2011 06:58PM
Apple eXchange Language Editing. This person was able to export an XML file from X. Scroll down to near the bottom of the page.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics