Totally confused! Help!

Posted by Dom Stevenson 
Totally confused! Help!
August 25, 2011 07:06PM
OK, so i finally got the Flip camera working with fcpx - thanks Craig S - and spent a few hours trimming and loading up the many clips of our baby daughter's first year. I went for the optimise media option and several analysing options, and i now have a transcoded media folder on my 2nd drive with another folder inside called High Quality media. All the clips are there as trimmed and will play in Q-time player.

Unfortunately, the story is different in my project. Some clips have a purple line through them and are fine. Others have the purple line part of the way through the clip and play until the line runs out. Most have no purple line at all and will only show me a single frame (even though the playhead is running through the clip).

I should add that there is a yellow warning sign over the project icon in the event library, so after looking through the help pages i wonder if i need to consolidate the project but there's no sign of the project file on my boot drive, or the 2nd drive. I put the name of the project into spotlight and the only thing i get is the folder on the 2nd drive with the media etc in it.

Completely confused and i really don't want to have to start this again as i devoted much of yesterday to capturing the clips and its an unpaid personal project (which is why i'm giving X a try after many years with FCP).

Any help appreciated

D
Re: Totally confused! Help!
August 25, 2011 08:30PM
Some more observations.

The clips that have stabilisation issues have been chopped up into half second clips. WTF? i try to be an efficient editor, and "less is more" is my mantra, but this is ridiculous. Further, when i check any clip in the inspector it says its a h.264 file when it is supposed to have been converted on entry.

It's beginning to look like i'm going to have to start this from scratch without any of the auto import boxes ticked which is what Steve Martin suggested in his video. Even so, when i right click to reveal in finder, the clips seem to be fine.

Yes, i've trashed the pref file, to no avail

Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics