Problems with these FILTERS.. anyone else??

Problems with these FILTERS.. anyone else??
October 17, 2011 07:32PM
Hello.

I've been using the FCP X Demo for a couple of weeks now, on my MBP (13" 2.4Ghz C2Duo, 4G Ram, 10.6.8 - Unibody, pre Thunderbolt) and have run into consistent major problems with the following three filters:

PIXELATE
SCRAPE
MIRROR

I'm using 422 Pro Res clips from (older) compressor - converted to 422 from h.264 Canon footage.
Every time i put a clip in the timeline and drop any of these filter on it, FCP crashes.
Actually, it will render and play, but the clip will become UNSELECTABLE and actually UN-DELETABLE, since every time i select it, it will crash the program. without fail.
I've tried all the filters, and these three seem to be the only ones.

It's cost me a lot of time, because i couldn't even DELETE the filters, after i found they were the problem, since the clips couldn't be selected in the first place.

Any ideas as to what might be going on here?

I am using an external Dell 1920x1080 monitor, for the viewer, don't know if that matters.
Also, the media AND the projects are on my external LaCie fw800 drive . . again, don't know if that's an issue.
Would think not, since it's not a program wide issue, but only these three filters.

Would love to get your take on this.

thank you!

Husky

groundlift.org
Re: Problems with these FILTERS.. anyone else??
October 18, 2011 11:29AM
Also, seems like 'Halftone' is not working for me.. all others are ok, oddly.

Anyone having problems with these particular filters?

H

groundlift.org

groundlift.org
October 18, 2011 11:43AM
This crash is a known issue and seems to mainly affect people using the trial version. I don't know of a solution yet but here is a thread on the topic:

[discussions.apple.com]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
October 18, 2011 01:10PM
Thanks Jon.. at least I'm not the only one!
H

groundlift.org
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics