TV audio (by cable) to Canon video camera

Posted by Fleming44 
TV audio (by cable) to Canon video camera
April 03, 2012 03:09PM
How can I connect the audio out of my TV to the mic in from the camera. I also have 2 x XLR connectors on the camera.
Re: TV audio (by cable) to Canon video camera
April 03, 2012 03:19PM
Why this workflow?
More typical but no less challenging is that most people record whatever TV show on to a DVR of some sort and then work on moving and transcoding the file for Post workflow.
It may depend on what your speaker outputs are and getting the adaptors to go to XLR and making sure your camera can support line level in with some possible adjustments given potential issues.
April 03, 2012 03:38PM
ALL chanels are protected. In the old days some films where proteced which I understand, but my provider had to protect these films and some other programs manually. to keep costs to a minimum the changed to proted the ALL. Even the free ones like the news. I can record programs to a device but that's all. I can only watch them and delete. And this device has an average lifespan of 2 years. Made in Thailand or an other country in that area.
April 03, 2012 03:53PM
But you can send the audio out analog through the speaker out.

These days a good portion of broadcast and/or cable programs get posted to the internet as well.
April 03, 2012 04:38PM
I don't want interferrence from our cats or cars. I prefer the clean sound. I would like the audio out from the TV to what on the camera.
April 03, 2012 04:44PM
As I said, speaker output to XLR if your camera can handle line input.

Please do not hook up speakers outputs to cats. They tend to bite very hard when you do that even if you think their ears are perfectly shaped for XLR adaptors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics