FCP X 10.0.4 - that didn't take long

Posted by Andy Field 
FCP X 10.0.4 - that didn't take long
April 10, 2012 08:30PM
Less than 2 minutes into trying out the new FCP X 10.0.4 -- crash o rama -- crash log says the newest updated FX Factory plug in is the culprit....but doesn't really matter - removing FX Factory yeilded so many crashes in previous version that that it's virtually unusable.

FCP 7 and continuing Avid lessons ...unless - Michael - your sneek peak on Autodesk Smoke offers a glimmer of switching hope
Re: FCP X 10.0.4 - that didn't take long
April 10, 2012 09:02PM
update -- going into FX Factory preferences and resetting Motion Templates seems to fix the crashing ....at least for now..we'll see
Re: FCP X 10.0.4 - that didn't take long
April 10, 2012 09:40PM
Also I've heard the previews in Magic Bullet Looks are now inverted.

It seems Apple was tweaking some plugin related things in 10.0.4 so those seem to be where one might find issues.
I have both Looks and Sapphire Edge but I've been too busy to beat on them.
I have FXFactory as well and didn't get any crashes relating to that though.

I'm hearing that Broadcast Monitoring is working well (although still not perfect) as Blackmagic and I believe Matrox and AJA have updated their drivers with 10.0.4.

I was working on a job which used the RC of NeatVideo which they allowed me to purchase even though not official release and again while I didn't test anything, that project behaved when I opened it.

As others are reporting it is behaving a bit snappier and seems to have solved the beach balls. People are noting some changes with preferences and apparently sliders on some things. Basically it seems this was a major, not minor, stability release.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics