FCPX Tell me it isn't so. Is there no reconnect feature in X to realine clips in a project?

Posted by daddycools 
When I opened up my project a lot of clips were not connected. The clips were red. In the inspector X knows there are 28 files missing.

If it knows this why isn't there a find missing clips feature like FCP7. Tell me it isn't so.

Thank you,
Steve Marshall
Re: FCPX Tell me it isn't so. Is there no reconnect feature in X to realine clips in a project?
November 01, 2011 03:08PM
From the FAQ:
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

Q: How do I reconnect media?

A: Go to File > Import > Files and browse for the original media files. If the files are already in the project, they will be reconnected.

There are two caveats: firstly, there is no way to reconnect to a different file (such as if you were replacing a temp VFX shot with the finished one) and secondly, it will always copy the file to your Final Cut Events folder even if you tell it not to. The latter would appear to be a bug.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Easy.
Step 1) Go to your project library and single click your project
Step 2) Go to your Properties dialog (upper right panel) and click the Modify Event References

Works in most cases
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics