FCPX and Panasonic P2 Camera

Posted by Don B. 
FCPX and Panasonic P2 Camera
November 28, 2012 07:23AM
I am seriously looking at the Panasonic AG-APX500 camera to use with FCPX. That camera uses the Panasonic P2 recording media.

Checked Apple's list of cameras that will work with FCPX. That camera is not on it. I cannot imagine that P2 camera will not work with FCPX.

What am I missing here?
Please help!

Don B.
Re: FCPX and Panasonic P2 Camera
November 29, 2012 02:08PM
That's a good question. I'll go out on a limb and say that the camera will probably work, because they also list the AG-APX250, which shoots to P2 and they mentioned support for Dvcpro HD. That's essentially the same format.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: FCPX and Panasonic P2 Camera
December 09, 2012 04:30AM
I use the AGP-AX 500 with FCPX and all ok.

You can import from camera or to do the "ingest" in FCP X or use PC connection with firewire (400to400 or 400to800 in my case) to conect the camera to Mac Pro for import the footage.

In the Panasonic website you can donwload several drivers to manage and mount the p2 cards in your system. You will check all clips and import in the FCPX import window meanwhile the footage is imported in the background you can use.

I found one issue with long clips only. More than 30 minutes clips don´t import properly and I need use the ingest camera option in the FCPX.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics