Import and organize for film workflow?

Posted by Joe Riggs 
Import and organize for film workflow?
July 16, 2015 04:25AM
I know FCP7 but scared about X.

Anyone mind sharing, how to create a organized project in X before editing?

I'd like to work form an External drive for the entire film.
I need to bring in raw footage and audio.
Sync the footage and Audio (via TC or manually via slate)
Separate the now synced clips into bins by scene (events?)
Edit each scene in it's own sequence (projects?)

Thanks
Re: Import and organize for film workflow?
July 20, 2015 10:24PM
No one? So how is everybody organizing within X for a short film workflow?
July 20, 2015 10:47PM
Joe
If you haven't done so already simply Google organizing footage in fcpx and you will get a ton of options and resources

Michael Horton
-------------------
July 20, 2015 10:49PM
I've been dealing with a TV arts doc shot on multiple cameras of all qualities and file formats.
We evolved a way to organize the media for "watch and categorize once, find later".
That's not what you need.
I would suggest reading about " Focus" the feature that was cut on FCPX. There's a few articles floating around and I think a white paper for sale on Kindle.
Depending on a number of factors (budget, camera,drives, basic editing system etc) you'll want to at least get a handle on the way FCPX stores media inside and outside of Libraries.
Keywords really make things fast and accessible if you put a bit of forethought and organization in before you get started, although if you do the basics first, we've found that you can continue to add information about good takes and interesting hidden gold even while you're in the edit and it all references back to the source clips in the libraries.
Number one though, get your head around the different terminology and try to avoid fighting the way it wants you to work. You CAN kludge it to be more like a trad track editor but there's gains to be made by letting it's paradigm work for you.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics