Issues with Ext. Harddrives, Space and FCP X

Posted by nlittrell 
Issues with Ext. Harddrives, Space and FCP X
July 08, 2015 04:12PM
Hi:

I posted last week about a new issue that arose for me in X, which was entitled, "Scary Message RE. Saving Project." The saga continues...

I managed to somehow stop getting the message, which involved (I think) updating my version of X, changing permissions, etc....some of the more basic recommendations I got from this group.

I had mentioned that I had also tried clearing/deleting project and media files (from within X, but also clearing out old projects) off the external harddrive I was using. Despite dumping many GBs, I didn't see any space freed up.

The drive I use is a OWC Mercury Elite Pro (2 TB), which was recommended, in fact, by this group.

So, this issue happened on that drive and now it's happening on my other drive, the same exact make/model. Again, meaning, space was becoming scarce, I moved files off, etc., but the dumps are not reflected.

What is going on....? I have never had this issue with other drives. Is it an issue with the drives...with X...with X interacting with the drives.

Need help! Running out of space...need these drives!

Nicolle
Re: Issues with Ext. Harddrives, Space and FCP X
July 08, 2015 04:44PM
Right now the best thing to do is call OWC support and explain the issue to see if indeed it might be the drive. If its not then come back here and lets see if anyone has any other answers.

Michael Horton
-------------------
July 23, 2015 10:30AM
So I did this and found out about "ghost files." until FCP project/media files are deleting from the trash, they still "exist" (in a ghost-like state) on the harddrive. I don't remember this being this way with all of my harddrives, but it is with the OWC's!

Nicolle
August 07, 2015 07:18PM
That's the way it is evrywhere, surely, including in real life.
Until you empty the trash , it's still there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics