can't collapse clips - why?

Posted by dcragoe 
can't collapse clips - why?
December 30, 2016 12:49PM
I'm new to editing with Final Cut Pro 10.3. But I have used Premiere Pro and Final Cut Lite years ago. I expanded a clip to work on the audio tracks. Now I want to collapse the audio tracks, but there is no way to do that I can find. Here's what the Apple user guide says:

"Collapse audio components

Do one of the following:

Select either the clip or one of its audio components in the timeline, then choose Clip > Collapse Audio Components (or press Control-Option-S).

Double-click any of the audio components in the timeline while holding down the Option key."

However, there is no clip>Collapse Audio Components menu choice and control option S does nothing. Double clicking on any of the audio components in the timeline while holding down the option key does nothing. So the suggestions of the user guide do not work.

I am using a keyboard from an old PC, where the Apple "option" key is the alt key on my keyboard. I don't think they keyboard is the problem, as I was able to collapse a clip 2 weeks ago, but can't do it now and can't remember how I did it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics