How to find/move original clips on a drive to use on Premiere?

Posted by Jeff Nelson 
How to find/move original clips on a drive to use on Premiere?
July 21, 2020 02:24PM
Used to use FCP7 for years, but moved back to Premiere a few years back. My daughter has project on FCPX, it's actually several projects. I want to open and finish it on Premiere. I am able to get the XML file and using DaVinci Resolve as middle man, I can get the XML file opened and all that.

So now here is the problem. She imported all raw project footage into FCPX to edit. Now I want to move all the original raw footage onto a drive so that when I open the project on DaVinci, I can have it link up the old footage.

Know what I mean? So I am trying to figure out how I can just copy all the original footage (not just the parts that appear in her edit) onto a drive, and then open the XML of the project and have it link to that footage that's on the drive.

But when I search for the individual clip names, they are not on her computer, which I guess is because the clips were imported into FCP and they don't simply "live" separately somewhere, as they did in FCP7 or in Premiere.

Any hints for how to find/move that original uncut footage onto a drive so I can relink shots on my system?

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics