OT: Thank you Larry Jordan

Posted by Momo 
OT: Thank you Larry Jordan
April 28, 2011 06:58PM
Thank you Larry for offering some sanity to the user group last night. Like Larry said, "We don't have all the answers yet." Good or bad we won't know the answers to a lot of our questions until FCP X's release in June. Like Michael Horton said "Final cut 7 still works" and it will continue to work until we all know the ins and outs of FCP X.

Michael, you asked last night for our concerns about what scares us about FCP X. Are you considering creating a topic so that the forum members can voice their concerns?
Re: OT: Thank you Larry Jordan
April 28, 2011 10:42PM
We need a "FINAL CUT PRO X RUMOR / DISCUSSIONS" forum to move these discussions off the Cafe and keep it focused on the software most of us will be using for a while - FCP 7.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 28, 2011 10:45PM
If we did that then that forum would be dead in 2 months. One month if it ships in early June.

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 29, 2011 04:23AM
I think a second forum is a good idea, and I don't think it will be dead.
FCP X is a totally different app. So it is a good idea - regardless of rumors or not rumors - to keep things in a new forum.
Probably there will be a parallel universe for FCP as we know it and FCP X which many of us will buy to experiment and/or work with it.

Considering that many questions like 'how to open my old FCP project', 'my old filters are not working', 'having problems exporting a movie', 'problems with audio drift' are somehow common for all existing and coming versions of FCP - but answers will be way different, since the FCP X and the elder versions are two different worlds.
To split will keep the forums clearly arranged.

Just my personal opinion.

Andreas
April 29, 2011 10:11AM
threads like these make me wish there was a "Like" button here. I would posted it on Andreas comment
April 29, 2011 10:59AM
I was referring to a Rumors and speculation about FCPX forum. That would be dead in a month

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 29, 2011 11:03AM
It really looks like we're going to need a separate forum for this completely new and different application. can Café LA be split?

All the best,

Tom
April 29, 2011 11:08AM

Thank you Larry for offering some sanity to the user group last night

What the heck was going on at this meeting?
Did birthers show up and demand to see proof that Schrödingers cat was actually a dog?
Who's getting all panicky about a software package?
Is life so good that this is the thing we get freaked out by?

Signed
A perplexed yet mellow dude.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
April 29, 2011 11:13AM
It was pretty much an antidote to the blogs and posts that have been on the internet since FCPX was announced. We talked a little bit about FCX then broke up into small groups and hugged each other while singing old American spirituals. After that we gave each other back massages while reciting favorite passages from Thoreau.

We all feel much better now.

It was a good meet.

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 29, 2011 11:39AM
That sounds more like the California I had in my mind.

To paraphrase:
I'm thinking California but seeing Minnesota.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
April 29, 2011 01:19PM
No "Kum ba yah"?
April 29, 2011 08:20PM
Two forums, blah. It's hard enough to monitor the forums we have, innit? Surely we'll just get to say "What version of FCP are you using?" and "have you tried turning it off and on again?" a little more often. winking smiley

April 29, 2011 08:51PM
You're probably right Jude. It's just the applications are so different I think unless you tag each message with something identifying which one you're talking about it's going to create a lot of problems.

All the best,

Tom
April 30, 2011 04:40AM
Tom
can Café LA be split?
I don't know. But if, the new name could be Café LAX. Additionally everybody then also knows which airport to target to spent Mike a beer for all his additional work.
Sorry Jude, no idea how to get your airport into the name to get a beer for you.smiling smiley

Andreas
April 30, 2011 01:27PM
Sounds like a good idea to create a new forum for FCX but its a bit early right now. Lets see how it all plays out before we do this. Can alway just add to the forum description too:

"Your basic troubleshooting forum for all things FCP and FCPX. Check the FCP FAQ Wiki before you post. The answer might be in there."

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 30, 2011 01:52PM
Mike Horton
Sounds like a good idea to create a new forum for FCX but its a bit early right now.

Thanks...and I agree it is too soon now because there is no FCP X yet. Coincide the forum launch with the June release. Guarantee it overtakes the Cafe posts in one year.

I shudder to think of the amount of unnecessary replies like "what version are you using?"...it will have mods & helpers pulling their hair out.

April 30, 2011 01:58PM
We could begin encouraging a policy of stating all your system stats with every question or problem.
CPU:
FCP ver:

or more detailed than that.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
April 30, 2011 02:14PM
We do that already. Except no one reads.

[www.lafcpug.org]

"Rules for posting on this forum:
No rants or rages. Be specific. Tell us your version of FCP, your version of your OS, your model of Mac, and how much ram you have. Tell us your brand of Hard Drive, capture Card. Give us more information than you think we need."

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 30, 2011 10:38PM
LOL...where is that Mike...I don't remember seeing that myself smiling bouncing smiley

April 30, 2011 10:43PM
Click on that link and look under cafe LA

Michael Horton
-------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics