No Multicam makes X a no go for me.

Posted by JoeE 
No Multicam makes X a no go for me.
June 21, 2011 09:49AM
Even some of the smallest web based shows will shoot multicam because camera costs are down. My show shoots two, even three cameras all the time so no way I can try X.... although Larry is right is his blog: we all know we are going to buy it eventually. When someone figures a work around for no multicam, please post!
Re: No Multicam makes X a no go for me.
June 21, 2011 10:05AM
I suspect you'll have to do it the old fashion way before multicam was introduced. Stack each camera up on a track and scale down the size. Go thru your show, cut, cut, cut, and then delete or turn off the cameras you don't need. Or wait for the next version.

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Instructor
June 21, 2011 11:03AM
This is egregious. I guess Apple has given up on television editors. Oh well! Avid it is!
June 21, 2011 11:08AM
No Multicam, no problem...

Good bye FCP, Good bye Apple...

All the Buzz for this kind of !@#@...

Apple can still update FCP on the next week and give the pro functions that we need.
Multicam is not an iphone where Apple can throw Flash, or in this case, the multicam feature and some more, out of the box.

Apple is not the world, we all are, so build things for us.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
June 21, 2011 11:22AM
I don't get all this anger about losing Multicam in FCPX. FCP7 is still out there. So use FCP7. If they stop making FCP and try to force use FCP editors to use FCPX, that's when we should mutiny.

www.derekmok.com
June 21, 2011 11:36AM
I was hopping to get some major improvements of a new realese after 2 years of FCP 7 like a decent text tool,
timecode fields that we could read and some other features.
Loosing Color is bad, ok we can live with it, but multicam, wich i have to use every week and output to tape has gone.

Sure we can stick with 7 and 6 and 5 or jump to Avid.
June 21, 2011 01:39PM
I haven't heard that Color is EOL. It simply hasn't been upgraded yet, AFAIK.
June 21, 2011 02:06PM
Not sure why you don't understand that Derek...everyone has been waiting for the big release...and a lot of peeps that edit multicam regularly have been totally left out of all the fun!!!! I completely understand the anger and disappointment. Multicam guys will stay with FCP 7 ... that is until the Mac OS doesn't support it anymore...hence FORCING everyone to go FCPX or nothing.

I advise the Pro Editors to buck up on your Avid chops. If the first update does not include some Pro incentives, well...you'll know what to do.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 21, 2011 02:08PM
Not to mention that multicam in FCP has always been a little buggy. Bloating project sizes and such. I would hope that a rewrite would address some of those issues.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
June 21, 2011 02:41PM
Now i know why Larry Jordan was so carefull on words after watching on Youtube the LAFCPUG meeting.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
June 21, 2011 02:47PM
derekmok Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't get all this anger about losing Multicam
> in FCPX. FCP7 is still out there. So use FCP7.
> If they stop making FCP and try to force use FCP
> editors to use FCPX, that's when we should mutiny.

Final Cut Studio is no longer available for sale on Apple's online store and it's only a matter of time before it disappears from the shelves of third-party resellers.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
June 21, 2011 02:53PM
> Final Cut Studio is no longer available for sale on Apple's online store and it's only a matter
> of time before it disappears from the shelves of third-party resellers.

OUCH! That's not good. Not good at all. I guess it's possible that Apple may be rewriting FCP drastically. But in the meantime, this is exactly the kind of move that causes panic and anger among hitherto loyal users. Bad, bad move.

www.derekmok.com
June 21, 2011 03:03PM
There's no way people in broadcast and feature film work are going to use FCP X in its current incarnation. Discontinuing Final Cut Studio is forcing them towards Avid and Premiere, and they probably won't look back once FCPX does become more polished.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
June 21, 2011 03:25PM
...time to start building that Ark...

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 21, 2011 07:20PM
Poor Gary Adcock. he writes a perfectly good preliminary MacWorld review and touts all the pro features and even heads it off with "the whole mindset of what it means to be a working professional video editor."

Then in the comments section he disowns the statement entirely; "since this is not for professional use..." and catches flak for it too. Turbulent times...

Let's see, do we have Control-V for Blade?

OMG-- Control-D for Change Duration is still there!! OMG!!

OMG!! Apostrophe is still Next Edit!! OMG!! And J-K-L is intact! OMG!!

Ah, Control- V-- Oh, Hell. This is now for Show/Hide (we used to call that "toggle"winking smiley Video Animation.

Now I have to risk RSI remapping all this crap...

OMG! Shift-Z is still Zoom to Fit! Zoom to Fit! Zoot to Fim! Grapefruit!

[Mild stroke symptoms, spasmodic actions, loosened grip on mouse.]

- Loren

Today's DVDSP keytip:
Invoke the Simulator anytime with Command-Option-Zero !

The DVD Studio Pro KeyGuide? - on sale alone or bundled in
the Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Available at discount here at the LAFCPUG Store
June 21, 2011 08:36PM
And no OMF export? So I should just cut dialog in my video NLE? Ridiculous. No 3rd party plug ins?
And keep all your "cooooool" title and FX presets that I will never use and make this a pro app...Sigh.
Quite frankly this is depressing. In the Protools world, today I opened a project in version 8 that was created in version 9. A dialog box
came up that informed me that some features may not work. But the whole project opened up just fine with all the plugs ins firing. As much
as I used to be picky about "Digi" that is how a true pro app should behave. We have now gone back to iMovie and Mr Rogers Neighborhood.
Anf FCP 7 was pretty close to being great. Ah well. Now all the indy kids can get their skateboard music videos done in less time.
June 21, 2011 09:15PM
OucH -- Not Happy --
June 21, 2011 10:30PM
Jesus, what were they thinking?
June 21, 2011 10:41PM
[And no OMF export?]

It's funny, about two seconds after FCPX was released, Wes Plate released his Duck for FCPX OMF export!!

The Duck

Oh, the timing. Just exquisite. Makes me quack up.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Temporarily mix down audio tracks with Command-Option - R !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
June 22, 2011 01:09AM
Gee, only $500 to allow OMF's...That's just Ducky.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics