Erratic gamma/color shifts on XDCAM EX

Posted by strypes 
Erratic gamma/color shifts on XDCAM EX
June 21, 2011 02:37PM
Alright, still trying to get a hang of it, but I noticed erratic color/gamma shifts on xdcam ex when the clip is playing. I'm trying to edit it natively without creating new media, and the colors are shifting as the clip is playing.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: Erratic gamma/color shifts on XDCAM EX
June 21, 2011 02:44PM
Apparently, XDCAM is not supported yet in FCPX. Sony claims they will have make it compatible within a "reasonable length of time". I assumed though, as you probably did, that rewrapped XDCAM material should work.
June 22, 2011 05:01AM
I'm hearing a similar issue from an editor in the UK - there's a colour shift on paused footage compared to playing footage.
June 22, 2011 12:42PM
That's one. Color shifts as it's playing and I hear no audio.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 22, 2011 12:42PM
Footage is fine as I was looking at it in FCP X.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 22, 2011 01:18PM
Didn't Apple claim that a Sony plug-in would make XDCam and XDCam EX material playable without transcoding.

As far as I'm concerned, at the processor speed that I have on my MacBookPro, I'm transcoding EVERYTHING, no matter what anyone tells me. (Same advice for Avid and DNxHD, by the way)

=====================================
NORMAN HOLLYN
Professor at USC Film School, Editor, Writer, Speaker
June 22, 2011 01:46PM
I'm not sure if I was transcoding. I turned off the transcoding option (mpeg 2 really should be real time). But I didn't check media properties as I was too shell shocked.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics