Zen and the Art of FCPX Understanding

Posted by craig seeman 
Re: Zen and the Art of FCPX Understanding
June 25, 2011 01:57PM
If I were still running a large post department and this was the update I got after all the meetings with the FCP team about bugs and reliability and features, I would be furious. I would have to go to my boss and say, "Hey, remember all those Avids we have been keeping around just in case? Well, it's now become necessary to upgrade them and switch. We can no longe rely on apple to support FCP in our workflow." So I get what all the anger is about.
But I have the luxury (or problem) of not being in that position. So I can look at FCPX for what it is; a start, which I think has great potential.
That's not to say that I don't think Apple has made a huge mistake in the way they released this software and the desicion to not support and sell FCP Studio. They really screwed the pooch on this one and I think the negative impact on their overall buisiness is going to be a lot worse than they expect. Apple was the cool place to be. This move is hugely un-cool. I think people are going to take a hard look at what it means to be Apple now that they have seen the big Steve on the screen, throw the sledghammer back at the crowd.

But I'm still gonna give FCPX a shot. Mostly because I can.

P.S. I don't think there is anything that has had more effect on the course of my adult life and whatever success that I have had than my informal alliance with Apple. Just about everything I have done to make money and support my family has been connected to it in some way.
It's no secret that Steve is not doing well. I for one would like to take this moment to say thanks Steve. It's been a great journey and I hope it continues. But please stop and reconsider the impact the abanonment of FCP Studio will have on those that have been loyal members of the expedition.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics