FCPX and Color?

Posted by Kingg33 
FCPX and Color?
June 24, 2011 04:09PM
Quick question that I can't seem to find yet here...

Will FCPX work with Color? By the looks of most comments, my guess is a resounding 'no'... Which is one more reason I'm sticking with 7.0 for the time being...
Re: FCPX and Color?
June 24, 2011 04:12PM
You can't roundtrip like the previous version. You can only do it the manual way by exporting as a movie and cutting it up.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
June 24, 2011 04:45PM
I thought COLOR had to be in a sequence? So from COLOR I can import a .mov file?
June 24, 2011 04:53PM
Yep, just use the "Up" button in the Setup tab to go out of your project folder and navigate to the files on disk. You then just drag them into the timeline. To edit them, go to the Timeline menu and there are options for cutting, splicing, rolling, slipping, etc.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
June 24, 2011 04:57PM
Sweeeeet! I guess there is some hope in using FCP X and using COLOR. Just a little extra work but at least there's a workaround. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics