Petition to reinstate FCP 7 found on Apple Discussion Board

Posted by Andy Field 
Re: Petition to reinstate FCP 7 found on Apple Discussion Board
June 28, 2011 05:49AM
In addition and closing - FCP-X is not a Final Cur Pro product in my opinion. In reality what they've done is release a new program called 'imovie pro' labeled it as 'FCP-X' and then scraped the FCP editing software.

I sure hope they do take notice of the petition, FCP7 as it stands is still a fine tool and perspectively would be so for quite some time.

Bluey,
June 28, 2011 08:51AM
(My first posting to this forum, although I've been a regular browser and picked up much useful advice in the FCP forum from all the willing people who contribute, thank you)

I signed the petition, no 112. I have misgivings about some of the wording and it's tone but it has just passed 3,000 signatures and the rate of new signatures seems to be increasing. The press will take notice once the numbers rise.

Do consider signing the petition, at least it's an attempt to give voice to worldwide upset, anger, frustration, and who knows Apple may listen and put FCP Suit 3 back on the shelves so that independent film-makers can grow their businesses and newcomers can join the industry.

Apple has made one concession already, the latest software update links to FCP Suite 3 have been reinstated to the correct downloads, instead of sending you to the FCP X Buy page as was happening in the first few days of X's release!

Mike Hardcastle, your points about software as being of social importance are very well made. It could be said that in cynically yanking FCP Suite 3 off the shelves and stopping support for it, Apple are demonstrating a total lack of "corporate social responsibility". I know this phrase well because I've written it as a key script message in several corporate videos I have produced.

We'll be happy to embrace FCP X when it meets the professional requirements of people working in commercial video production. As of now FCP X simply cannot compete.

Hamdani Milas
Producer, director, cinematographer, editor
(40 years as a film-maker, still going strong and I have seen a lot of technology come and go. I've always been eager to embrace anything new if it makes the job easier, adds value and, most importantly, allows the film-maker to create with a minimum of aggravation from the tools being used. It's always been the survival of the fittest in the demanding world of film-making and this applies to software, hardware as well as people.)
June 28, 2011 05:35PM
>I have misgivings about some of the wording and it's tone

Same opinion here. The biggest folly is Apple dropping support for FCP 7 before FCP X is fully functionable. A software rewrite that will take some time to stabilize and match up in terms of features is inevitable. It is 2011 whether you like it or not, and computers are going 64 bits.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics