The Final Cut Pro X Bug List

Posted by Jon Chappell 
The Final Cut Pro X Bug List
June 26, 2011 04:12PM
I've started documenting the known FCPX bugs on my blog:
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

Please reply to this thread with any other bugs or issues that you find.

Note: This thread is for reporting bugs (i.e. crashes or things not working as expected) and not feature requests or obvious omissions like the lack of XML.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Re: The Final Cut Pro X Bug List
June 26, 2011 04:57PM
There are some mean dogs there. Looks like the beta program has just started. Pretty expensive paid beta if you ask me.

All the best,

Tom
June 27, 2011 01:15PM
Hi,
My first post over here.

I've compiled a longer video from a wedding, over an hour of 1 camera footage, very simple.
Last part more complicated scenes (also one camera but loads of movement).

When I make the proress QT version everything works fine.
Drag it into compressor for a MPEG2 version and all looks fine except the last parts, lots of pixels, artifacts etc.

Tried it in Compressor 3 and first run is perfect.

Tried several smaller videos in Compressor 4 without any problem.
Can it be a problem with a long stable video image and at the end more movement ? (think not, would be a real problem).
Or could it be something else ?

All footage was shot with a HF11 Canon.
Edited in X to Proress QT, perfect image.
Compressor 4 problems in the end.
Compressor 3 perfect.

Hope someone has an idea.
June 27, 2011 04:03PM
Anyone with XDCAM ex QuickTime clips? I have mine transcoded via XDCAM transfer, and although FCP X recognizes the clip with LPCM audio, and the QuickTime clip in the finder plays back the clip with audio, no audio is shown or heard in FCP X both in the browser and in the timeline.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 27, 2011 04:39PM
It works here.

Geoff
June 27, 2011 05:11PM
All flavours of XDCAM and XDCAM EX work fine when wrapped in .mov

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
June 27, 2011 05:15PM
Just realized I may have missed out on an all crucial codec package.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 01, 2011 03:58AM
Apple have updated their feedback page for FCPX

[www.apple.com]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
July 01, 2011 07:39AM
Shift F Reveal in Browser (Match Frame) points to wrong frame with certain video clips . . . apparently certain H.264 sources.

Skimmer is occasionally disabled even though the button is enabled.
July 02, 2011 03:32AM
This site is documenting FCPX bugs too:
[fcpxquirks.tumblr.com]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
July 02, 2011 10:48AM
Thanks for that Jon. The blogger has done an excellent job posting what he finds. I like that he sees the positive and notes where improvements should be made. It's the kind of blog Apple should be following.
July 06, 2011 12:37PM
While teaching a Apple One to One class on FCPX I ran into the UNDO bug as my customer was unable to do an undo all he could do was delete his last object which doesn't work for something like an over write edit. Do we have a fix for that?

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
July 06, 2011 12:40PM
There is no known workaround yet, other than relaunching FCPX.

My software:
More tools...
July 06, 2011 01:44PM
I've encountered the undo bug on a couple of occasions - nothing obviously repeatable for testing at my end.

July 06, 2011 02:16PM
Be very afraid. If you notice the undo function is not working, it also seems that the application save function is shutting off at the seem time. Stop working and relaunch the app because everything you're doing may not be saved.

All the best,

Tom
July 06, 2011 02:42PM
Actually the bug can make things worse than not saving - it can register the undos - then save and not show it - when you restart its however many undos you went back on!

This only happened on the first occasion - so if anyone else gets the undo bug (and the project isn't important) please try undoing more then restart the app, see if you can replicate.

July 06, 2011 11:58PM
Did you know you can put images and clips down on the audio layer this seems peculiar?

------------------------
Dean

July 07, 2011 12:19AM
Dean Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.surftheater.com]
> er.jpgDid you know you can put images and clips
> down on the audio layer this seems peculiar?

I don't think there are independent audio and video layers, just layers. Since it's normal to have video attached to audio on a layer then it doesn't seem unusual that the same layer might have video only and, therefore, audio only. Also note that two connected clips on the same layer have no relationship to each other, only to the clip they connect to. Only when they are made into a Secondary Storyline do they relate to each other along the row and, part of the tracklessness" is that there aren't video or audio only Secondary Storylines. Think of a Secondary Storyline as both the video and audio media together as is V2 and A3 and A4 exist in the same place rather than separate tracks. In fact that's on of the attractive things about Secondary Storylines. The Video and accompanying audio aren't separate but a bunch on intervening video and audio tracks. No longer will you have V5 Video associate with A9 and A10 audio. That's where things can get a bit messy moving things around in track lover land, especially when the screen real estate doesn't make it easy something like 12 intervening tracks.
July 07, 2011 07:41AM
You can put anything where you like. You can put the audio on the primary, you can put it on top. Wherever.

All the best,

Tom
July 09, 2011 09:44PM
I just selected a portion of a clip in my story line to analyze and stabilize when it was done the clip was flipped upside down.

------------------------
Dean

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics