The Final Cut Pro X Bug List

Posted by Jon Chappell 
Re: Final Cut Pro X .MXF import bug
March 29, 2012 11:51PM
It's not a bug. It's up to the Camera manufacturers to create the plugin.
Canon for example has one
[www.learn.usa.canon.com]
Sony supposedly will have an announcement regarding XDCAM and XDCAM EX support at NAB.
I haven't heard anything about Panasonic as of yet.
Re: Final Cut Pro X .MXF import bug
March 30, 2012 03:24AM
Works fine here. You have to have the complete structure of the card.
But I miss the old QT plug mxf4MAC which worked fine with FCP7. Now it takes hours, what took seconds with the legacy FCP.

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
Re: The Final Cut Pro X Bug List
March 30, 2012 12:42PM
Would you mind explaining 'Complete structure of the card.' I have went to the panasonic website and downloaded all the drivers i could find.

Would the plug-in for FCP 7 work with FCP X? Also after doing some more research, I have read that i could open the .MXF files in QuickTime and then convert them, but If i do it that way it might take a few hours to convert. If thats what i have to do then so be it.

Also thanks for giving me feedback and helping thus far.

[www.csimage.com]

Semper Fi,
LCPL PJ Spiller
March 30, 2012 12:50PM
PJ

If you want folks to be able to click on your web site link you got to put the http:// in front of the www.csimage.com

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 30, 2012 01:01PM
thanks i didn't know that quick shortcut to make it a hyperlink. thanks again.
March 31, 2012 09:05AM
PJ

In FCPX press cmd-I, Then in the import window press the button "Open Archive...", navigate to the "Camera Card" and select it, a preview of all clips on this will be displayed, then press "Import All...".
Check or uncheck the option in the following dialog to match your needs. Import might take a while as P2 .mxf files are always copied to the event you selected.

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
Re: new? Final Cut Pro X Bug
May 31, 2012 08:48PM
I did not see this bug on your list. I got a project to project 5 still images with fades between them onto a
stage for a dance performance. I timed the images to last the length of certain dance segments, and the whole
video was 1 hour and 30 minutes. It worked fine, until I tried to re edit the time lengths of the stills, and then
FCP just kept spinning with the box saying "loading" - I took it to the Apple Repair store, and IMovie also quit
working, and then the mouse on my laptop MacBook Pro. In the end, they said my programs were "corrupted" and
had to erase my entire computer, which means all my editing from the last year in three projects.

Luckily, I had exported old versions onto external drives, and backed up the original clips, but it is frustrating
when the Apple repair says that FCP X is not good, and people lose projects often. Do you think, given some of the
other comments on this list, that long videos of an hr or more cause FCP X to corrupt? Do you think I should try to
find an old version of FCP?

thanks!
Kira

www.kiracorser.com
www.artconnectingcommunities.org
www.matriot.org
Re: new? Final Cut Pro X Bug
May 31, 2012 09:19PM
What where the size of the stills and how much memory did you have?
If the stills are large and a memory hungry app like FCPX needs more RAM and it's not there and it starts using the hard drive for "virtual memory" you might be settings up a bad situation. Granted that shouldn't be "fatal" but it's possible your issue was memory based.

There's no reason to erase are hard drive even if you had a hang and did a hard boot to get out of it.
June 05, 2012 01:52PM
I found 2 issues in 10.0.4 that I haven't seen posted around here, sorry if I missed it:

1) Sometimes when keywording a compound clip, the audio will drop out for a portion of the compound clip in the event browser only.

If I open the compound clip or edit it into a timeline, the audio is there as expected. The audio wave forms are there. But when I try to preview the clip to continue keywording in the event browser, part of the audio just won't play. This problem persists after restarting FCPX, trashing preferences, and even moving the event to a different computer.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/11100#11380

2) Sometimes when I'm in the timeline, the video will get stuck on a freeze frame and I can't get the video to play. Fiddling around will bring it back eventually, but the freeze frame will still be there even after the export.

Both of these issues keep coming up, but I can't recreate them consistently.
June 05, 2012 01:53PM
Just thought of another one:

Kerning settings don't save after closing FCPX.
August 24, 2013 11:19PM
Does anybody know if the newest version of FCP works with the older M-Audio line of professional audio production cars that fit into a regular old PCI slot? Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics